Friday 16 March 2012


Willow Garker Wood 2011

Apart from my recent endeavours at landscape I like to play with images by holding a mirror up to nature.
In my humble opinion there is no perfect reflection in nature.
Or if there is I've yet to see it.
So when you make one, & combine it with the way our brains instinctively see things you get entertaining results.
I spent my childhood playing in nature & find it hard to let go, so this is a way I connect to the former me.
Spending time with a camera looking for interesting shapes & combinations of foliage instead of pure composition & light is total escapism, but fun.
I was turned on to this by Sean Helmann a true craftsman in all his endeavours & someone who obviously loves the wild places of Devon like I love wild Cornwall.
Hopefully one day I will get to thank him in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment