Monday 28 December 2015

One last Look at Cape Cornwall.   I know Cornwall is a very popular tourist destination but honestly it's at its best when the beaches are deserted & the weather at its wildest.  Those of you that come here in July & August & just laze on the beaches would be better getting a cheap package to Spain.

On the walk back to St Just I came upon Carn Gluze or Ballowall barrow in English.
I'd walked past it the day before from another angle & just assumed it was another mineshaft.  They build hegdes around the old shafts to stop their livestock falling in.
It was unusual to see a barrow exposed.
All I've seen before have been earthed over for protection.  To see one exposed to the elements was a revelation.



& finally a view back towards Landsend, Sennen & the Longships light with the winter sun breaking through the clouds.

A weekend I will always cherish.
A fitting end to 2015.
Since my Dads death a couple of years ago I've been debating what to do with my life & emigration has been high on my list.
I have felt so despondent about Britain & my neighbours.  Considering seeing more of the world & its nature before its gone is tempting me.
Seeing Choughs, my national bird, above Cape Cornwall has grounded me.
It hasn't made me realise Cornwall is my home & I shouldn't leave but more it's told me wherever I am in the world Cornwall will always be my home.
There's a saying wherever you find a hole in the world you will find a Cornishman at the bottom.
It might be my time to climb out of the hole I'm in & go dig a hole somewhere else.
Kernow Bys Vyken.

No comments:

Post a Comment